Y’all know how when you go into a restaurant you get a cocktail menu with all manner of libations—many with pictures of pretty drinks? Liz and I have decided John Glendawn over at the Pirates’ Den needs one of those. I mean, Liz and I will always love the mango margaritas we had so much fun with when Lowcountry Bombshell came out. (The ones Flossie made at Union Ave Books in Knoxville were exceptional.) But John needs some variety, and we need your help.
From now through Labor Day, we’re going to be asking for your favorite cocktail recipes. We need something for everyone–virgin drinks are welcome. Grandma’s Summertime Peach Tea would be great. Anyone have a good recipe for that? How do you make your lemonade? We need refreshing beverages of all kinds. Send in a photo with the recipe (or just the recipe) to me at email@example.com and we’ll enter you into a drawing to win a beach bag with Stella Maris swag and beach necessities. We’ll give out one prize for each summer holiday/special occasion: Memorial Day, Father’s Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day.
Liz’s very favorite cocktail—naturally she and I will have to sample them all—will win the Liz’s Favorite Summer Libation Prize, and be featured in book four, LOWCOUNTRY BORDELLO.
All of Liz’s favorites will be compiled into a Pirates’ Den cocktail menu, which will be available on my website—and of course we’ll be giving them away as swag in various contests going forward. Hey we may even offer them for sale, kinda like a Junior League cookbook, only different.
P.S. Here’s all the legalese and whatnot:
If you submit a recipe:
- You are granting us permission to use it on my website, social media, print it in the cocktail menu, and for any and all other promotional purposes in electronic, print, and audio formats. (You will be credited as the recipe’s creator.)
- You understand you will not be compensated if your recipe is printed or otherwise used.
- You represent and warrant that the recipe(s) you submit does not violate anyone else’s copyright. (It’s your original recipe or your grandmother’s, aunt’s, neighbors, et cetera, and you have her permission to use it, et cetera. You didn’t copy it straight out of a cookbook, the Internet, or the back of a Captain Morgan Rum bottle, for example. You have the right to use it, is what I’m saying.)
- To the best of your knowledge, the recipe is not injurious to the user.
- You indemnify me and everyone associated with this promotion against any loss, expense, or damage arising from any breach or alleged breach of any of the above warranties and representations.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. You must be 21 to enter. Swag winners will be chosen at random and notified via this blog and email if provided.
- The winner of the Liz’s Favorite Summer Libation prize will be chosen at my sole discretion.