- 5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ quarts water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 large bouillon cubes (Knorr)
- 1 stick butter
Chicken Cooking Directions:
- Put all of the above, except the chicken, in a large pot and bring to boil.
- Add chicken, return to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 45 minutes (check one of the bigger pieces just to make sure it’s as done as you like your chicken).
- Shred chicken and refrigerate.
- 1 cup bottled Italian salad dressing (I have experimented with several, and like Ken’s best, but, to each his own)
- 2 cups Duke’s mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ chopped green onions
- Blend the first 6 ingredients well and refrigerate.
- As soon as the chicken is good and cool, mix half the dressing with the chicken and toss well.
- Refrigerate at least an hour to allow to marinate.
- Meanwhile, mix the 5 remaining ingredients into the remaining dressing.
- After the chicken has marinated in the first mixture for at least an hour, add remaining dressing and mix well.
- Stir in vegetables.
- Toss in one or more of the following if the mood strikes you: Toasted chopped pecans (The author always uses these), Chopped Granny Smith Apple, Almonds