- 6 ears fresh corn (about 5 cups)*
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped purple onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups Sargento Four Cheese Mexican blend
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
*Frozen corn may be substituted.
- 1 cup Duke’s mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (juice of 1/2 lime)
- Fritos, either crushed or used as scoops
- Extra cilantro
- Extra sea salt
- Extra limes to cut into wedges
- Mix together dressing ingredients and refrigerate.
- If using fresh corn on the cob, brush with olive oil and grill, either outside or on a cast iron grill pan on the stove, about two minutes on each side until you get a bit of char.
- If using frozen corn, saute in a cast iron pan with a little olive oil until it’s lightly charred.
- Let corn cool, then cut from cob if needed, and place in a large bowl.
- Stir in red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, poblano pepper, purple onion, and green onion.
- Stir in cheese blend.
- Stir in dressing.
- Refrigerate until close to serving time.
- An hour or so before serving, chop avocado and drizzle with 2 tablespoons lime juice. Scatter on top of salad.
- Add toppings, if desired, just before serving.
- Serve with fresh cut lime wedges.
Note: Mamma doesn’t know a thing about Mexican Street Corn. But if that sounds interesting to you, leave out the shredded cheese mix and add a cup or so of grated cotija cheese or queso fresco. The result will be a spin on Mexican Street Corn, though probably not all that authentic, to be perfectly honest.