Jim and I just got back from two weeks in the North Georgia Mountains. We have an Airstream trailer. Now, just let me tell you that I am not one of those low maintenance, out-doorsy type females. Camping has never been my thing. The whole bathhouse ordeal…eeeyew! Not for me. Also not for me is sleeping in a tent. I mean, hello, snakes and all other manner of varmit could crawl right in there with you while you were sleeping. And don’t get me started on the whole sleeping on the ground thing. But when my brother-in-law bought an Airstream, (you know, the big silver tube looking things) Jim had to have one. This is camping I can sign up for. It’s like having your own little condo that you drag around with you. I shower in my shower and sleep in a bed more comfortable than the one in my house. TV/DVD player, satellite radio, CD player, air conditioning…you get the picture.
But in the far reaches of the North Georgia Mountains, there was no Jazzercise. Our exercise involved a lot of hiking. While traipsing through the woods, I had plenty of time to reflect on all the reasons why I normally Jazzercise instead of hike (or any of that other outdoorsy stuff).
Here are the top ten:
10. It is not necessary to watch your feet while Jazzercising to avoid tripping over tree roots and rocks. Some folks do look at their feet, it’s true. But these are mostly the new students, and they catch on pretty quick.
9. If you need more water while dancing, there is a fountain right there in the room where you can refill your water bottle.
8. You will never sweat while standing still in a Jazzercise studio. We dance in air-conditioned comfort.
7. Outside the Jazzercise studio, there is no sign warning you that you are entering a bear habitat. No Ranger will tell you, “If you come across a bear, throw him any food you might have. If you have no food, don’t make any sudden moves.” Now, some mornings, Casey may snarl like a bear, but she’d never actually maul anyone. I don’t think.
6. In Jazzercise, you will never hear someone say something like, “If that boulder were to come loose, we’d all be crushed.”
5. If you trip in Jazzercise, people will laugh at you, but you are in no danger whatsoever of falling off a cliff into a rocky river gorge and splattering yourself all over the place.
4. In Jazzercise, you are in a class full of your friends, not on a virtually deserted trail five miles from the nearest road where cell phones get no signal when you pass an enormous French-looking guy wearing only a tiny Speedo, a pony-tail and three tatoos and you’re scared he’s some sort of weirdo-psychopath with an aversion to clothes who might just be odd enough to have a hankering for VOLUPTUOUS women (or their husbands).
3. There are no poisonous spiders at Jazzercise. Occasionally, there are the small harmless looking ones that Casey squashes and Diane whines about her killing one of God’s creatures. Puh-leeze, even God referred to bugs as pestilence…HELLO, they were a plague…not a good thing. Well, okay, those were locusts, but close enough.
2. There are no snakes of any kind in a Jazzercise class. Aliens, yes, but no snakes.
And the #1 reason I Jazzercise…
If you have to go potty, there’s a ladies room just off the lobby. If you Jazzercise, you will never have to look for a stand of trees thick enough to hide behind while you freshen up.
Amen sista! We will replace the “Top Ten Reasons to Jazzercise in the Summer” with your list!
i second that “Amen”! God invented Jazzercise so we did not have to go fake enjoying the beautiful outdoors he created for our husbands.
Peeing behind trees is so overrated….
lol – your other posters’ comments are quite funny – but I have to tell you that the peeing behind any tree or bush is really difficult for women – no matter what – you can’t get away from peeing on yourself – I love your reasons and all – see you in the next writer’s group meeting – E 🙂
8 days and counting……….